Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Spotify: my musical search engine

I love discovering new music.  There is nothing better than hearing a track for the first time from an unknown artist and feeling butterflies in your stomach as you realize you've just discovered something great.  I get goosebumps when I hear an incredibly brilliant track for the first time.  I spend as much time as possible finding out everything I can about the artist.  I have to listen to all the tracks they've ever created.  But the problem has always been finding the music.  I use social media sites like FaceBook, YouTube, and Twitter.  I also use Pandora, as they play bands similar to those you have chosen.  But I still found myself listening to the same artists, unable to find new music, until my friends turned me onto Spotify.  I have never been happier...Spotify is bloody brilliant!

Spotify has become my musical search engine.  You can search for bands or artists you like, and if it's available, their catalog will be there for you listening enjoyment.  You can discover music that's popular in your area.  If you like a band, it has an option for you to view similar artists, which is my favorite feature.  You can create your own playlists with tracks on the site.  You can follow bands/artists and sometimes the artists create their own playlists based on their favorite tracks. It's awesome: you can listen to your favorite artists' favorite music!

Spotify offers so many brilliant features.  If you are a music lover like me, it's definitely worth checking out, you won't regret it.  Trust me when I say it'll be your go-to musical search engine.  You'll spend days discovering terrific artists. So go, www.spotify.com , have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment